Friday, October 16, 2009

A trip to Blue Ridge Apple Orchard...

A few weeks ago, my friend Abbey and I decided to take a trip to the Apple Orchard in Denver. The hubbies thought they needed a little time for a fishing trip so we thought we might as well do some thing fun with the kids too:) We walked through the Orchard and got to pick some Gala apples. Each of the big kids got their very own basket to hold on to and fill full of apples. Needless to say, I am pretty sure that every apple that ended up in either one of their baskets ended up thrown on the ground first! I am surprised they weren't more bruised when we actually got them home!! Once we picked the apples we went to the little apple stand they had there and tasted samples of all the apples at the Orchard and then made our purchases! I found a new favorite "sweet" apple, called a connell red (not a great baking apple but very good to eat). We also bought some baking apples which we have used already to bake a pie, crisp, and cobbler....apple desserts are my all time favorite! We had a great day for our little trip and had fun too!! Enjoy a few pictures from the day.







No comments: